The Learning Liaison Forum (LLF)
#museum5aday - new LLF project starts August 2016, Details at bottom of page.
Aims of the Group
- To provide a more structured and collaborative liaison between education/Learning Officers and all related staff
- The collaboration should lead to sharing of ideas and resources.
- To provide a central database of contacts/organizations and resources for members to easily access
Objectives of LLF
- To raise professional standards and promote professional codes of behaviour among its members
- To provide a strategic approach to regional issues to support education staff throughout S.E. region
- To represent, promote and advocate on behalf of its members to external bodies
- To undertake any activity that furthers the interests of heritage organisations throughout the SE region.
The LLF is open to all staff and volunteers of Heritage organisations throughout the Sussex, Surrey and periphery areas within said locality.
Meetings are roughly quarterly
The meeting location will move around the member venues in turn
Chairmanship and Secretariat
The Vice-Chairman in Haidee Thomas, Museum Learning and Support Officer for Surrey Museums Partnership; and Hon. Sec is Kay Topping, Education Officer ast Haslemere Museum firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes from meetings are circulated directly to members, and posted on the LLF page of the Forum section of the Sussex Museums Group website (http://www.sussexmuseums.co.uk/members/viewforum.php?f=7 )
#museum5aday is a project, endorsed and started by LLF in 2016, that aims to help museum staff improve their personal wellbeing. Working in museums can be very isolating at times and following the 5 simple steps can help put things into perspective.
The steps are taken from #teacher 5aday and http://www.neweconomics.org/projects/entry/five-ways-to-well-being
The idea is to take a few minutes of your day for yourself and either
Find out more at the LLF AGM 19th September 2016. You can also find out more at http://staffrm.io/@kaytopping/wGrAqzBF4M or contact Kay Topping at education:haslemeremuseum.co.uk