News & Opportunities
Applications open for 3rd round of AIM Biffa Award – The National Heritage Landmarks Partnership Scheme
AIM is pleased to announce the opening of the Year 3 Applications of the AIM Biffa Award 'National Heritage Landmarks Partnerships' with awards of up to £120,000 available to support nationally significant industrial heritage projects.
AIM has entered into a 3 year funding partnership with Biffa Award which is providing a £1.5m investment into independent museums and industrial heritage sites across the UK.
The first two rounds in 2012 and 2013 saw awards of up to £120,000 each made to the following projects:
- Birmingham Conservation Trust - The Newnam Brothers Coffin Works
- National Mining Museum Scotland
- Brooklands Museum - The Barnes Wallis, Stratospheric testing Chamber
- Ironbridge Gorge Museums Trust - The Bedlam Furnace
- Kew Bridge Engines Trust and Water Supply Museum - Project Aquarius The Babcock Room
- Underfall Yard Trust - Revealing the Story of Hydraulic Power
- Chatham Historic Dockyard Trust - Chatham Dockyard World Heritage Discovery Centre
- The Arkwright Society - Discovering Cromford
- Brunel Museum - Opening Up Brunel's Shaft
The deadline for applications in 29 August 2014 and applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by mid October.
More information about the scheme and application criteria can be found here: AIM Biffa Award - The National Heritage Landmarks Partnership Scheme.