News & Opportunities
Young Leaders Training Programme - Call for Applications
In a series of sessions this programme will introduce young European museums and cultural heritage professionals to the complex concept of self-, team- and institutional leadership helping them to explore their own competencies and leadership skills through self-reflection, discussions and group activities.
Where and when?
Kerschensteiner Kolleg am Deutschen Museum, Munich, Germany. October 17th to Thursday October 20th 2016 - extended the deadline for applications: 23rd May 2016.
Society is changing rapidly which not only has implications for the public role of museums and cultural institutions but also affects the way we experience and see them as part of our cultural framework. More than ever, leadership competencies are necessary to run and lead teams that make museums relevant to society and drive forward necessary change.
International guest speakers and the leadership programme team will present best practice models and case studies. During the sessions participants will also have the opportunity to discuss the challenges in their own organisations.
Who is it for?
This training programme is for young museums and cultural professionals who have either recently been appointed to a management post (director or head of a department) of a museum or a cultural institution or who are aspiring to become leaders in their institutions.
Applicants should be under the age of 45.
• Intensive 4 day programme
• Small team of international experts
• Mix of experts’ inputs, discussions and workshops
• Evening after-dinner talksFull-board accommodation (whole group stays together)
• Starts on Monday 10am and finishes on Thursday 5pm (arrival on Sunday evening suggested)
Interested candidates should send
• A letter of intent (1-2 pages only) outlining why you want to participate in
• A short CV (max. 3 pages) and
• a brief description of your current role and responsibilities in the organisation you work for
Deadline for submission is May, 23rd 2016
Funding Opportunities and Bursaries
KulturAgenda is offering two bursaries of 450 EUR to assist candidates who have problems raising the full amount of the programme fee.