Group Travel Training
Didcot Railway Centre
Title of Project
Group Travel Training Course
18 September 2014
What was the Project aim/s?
To help build group products and services to increase business to Didcot Railway Centre, one of Oxfordshire’s museums.
What was the impact of the project?
What new skills have you gained?
- an understanding of the group travel market and how to market to groups.
How has your organisation become more efficient and/or effective?
- it is too early to say but we are better prepared to attend group travel events.
What are your organisation’s plans for a sustainable and resilient future as a result?
- we will be developing an Action Plan for marketing to groups.
What went well and what didn’t go well?
Was the consultant/trainer the right person for the job? Why is this?
How did you encourage everyone in your organisation to engage in the project?
The trainer was an expert in Group Travel and a sponsor of the Showcase group travel event in Oxfordshire.
I will also update the Commercial Group members.
One of the benefits was that we were the only museum represented so I could share a museum’s perspective.
It was also useful to network with other organisations.
- Identify unique selling points (USPs)
- Develop an offer based on the USPs
- Ensure a friendly welcome
- Spend time learning about the market segments (in this case, group travel organisers, coach companies and the groups themselves)
What are your plans for the future?
How will the learning from this project be implemented in your organisation?
What further work has this project identified, and how do you plan to address this?
I will draft an action plan for developing the group market, including preparing materials for the Showcase event.
Overall Cost of Project