Berkshire Hampshire Solent Museum Development Advisory Panel
The work of the Berkshire Hampshire Solent Museum Development team is informed and guided by an Advisory Panel of individuals drawn from the local museum community.
The Advisory Panel is a conduit between the wider museum community and the Museum Development Programme and ensures that their activities remain relevant to the needs of the local museums. The Panel Members, collectively and individually, act as 'critical friends' to the Museum Development Officers by informing and guiding their work.
The work of the Advisory Panel encompasses:
· Supporting the Museum Development team to understand the support needs of the Berkshire Hampshire Solent museums community.
· Shaping the development of future activity plans.
· Informing and guiding the work of the Museum Development team by providing local knowledge and offering specialist expertise, acting as ‘critical friends’.
· Providing insight on key local issues.
· Acting as a ‘champion’ for museums in Berkshire Hampshire Solent.
· Monitoring the progress of Museum Development activities.
· Providing an opportunity for communication with the wider South East Museum Development Programme.
The work of the Advisory Panel is open and transparent and welcomes contributions from the broader museum community. Two open guest seats are available to other colleagues at each meeting on a rolling basis.
Detail of our Terms of Reference for the Panel. These, and past minutes, are published here: http://www.southeastmuseums.org/Hampshire-Solent-museum-development-advisory-panel
29 April 2019
Chair: Christopher Gale
Vice-Chair: Corina Westwood